Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No More Gas : What would you do if we ran out of gas tomorrow?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by TrailLeadr, Mar 6, 2007.

?

What would you do if we ran out of gas tomorrow?

1. Drive until empty. park it, and buy an electric car.

4 vote(s)
    2.3%
  2. Siphon my neighbor's gas

27 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. Sit outside with a shotgun so my neighbor doesn't siphon my gas

38 vote(s)
    21.6%
  4. Convert my vehicle to alternative fuel (LPG, methanol...)

71 vote(s)
    40.3%
  5. Find some sucker, and sell him my obsolete vehicle

4 vote(s)
    2.3%
  6. Nothing. Wait for a replacement fuel to hit the market.

32 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

With the recent fuel price hikes, it got me wondering what I would do if it either became so ridiculously expensive ($10.00/gal) or the fuel just ran out all together.

I'm thinking I would set a plan in motion to convert to LNG, or LPG.
    In the mean time, I would start walking, or riding my bicycle for the first three weeks (minimum) until all of those fuel sipping cars had run out of gas. Then I'd happily drive my gas guzzling beast down the uncrowded roads, and love every minute of it until I ran out of whatever gas I had left.:biggrin:

What would your plans be if it ever came to that?
    1 person likes this.
  2. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I would eat lots of baked beans, and convert it somehow to liquid fuel
  3. GWAGON_99

GWAGON_99 Rockstar 100 Posts

I think I would just sit sadly in my stationary Yukon and
    Reminisce about the good ole' days
    :frown: :frown:
  4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I actually had that in as one of the voting options, but I took it out, thinking no one but me would do that.:redface:
  5. mr.copenhagen

mr.copenhagen Rockstar 100 Posts

id prob cry...than steal gas from other cars?
  6. NHSilverado

NHSilverado Former Member

If the gas runs out that means the crude has run out. Going to be more worries than what to do with our vehicles. No electricity, no heat, and so on. Also, while they find just pockets of natural gas a lot of it is found in the same wells as crude. So if the crude runs out you just lost a bunch of NG production.

Hopefully by the time the crude runs dry( could be in our lifetime )they have come up with alternate sources to power our vehicles. Hydrogen, electric, straight ethanol or other renewable bio fuels that can be produced in suffficient quantities. etc...

The ever rising cost of fuel is a very real concern for me. People better wake up and start conserving now before it is too late! Can't keep using gas like it is water out of the garden tap. Those days are long gone.
  7. GWAGON_99

GWAGON_99 Rockstar 100 Posts

So here's a follow-up question. Would you rather Drill in Alaska...or run out of oil?
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Can I cut a hole in the floorboards and pedal with foot power?
  9. mowerboy1000

mowerboy1000 Member

I don't know what I would do if we ran out of gas, since I have to have gas to run my mowers and everything, I guess I would have to buy electric equipment and lots of extension cords for those big yards
  10. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The really bad part will be that we have not really done enough "up front" to prepare for that situation. It is not like we have not had plenty of warnings. Alternative fuels need to be made a "real" priority. If Brazil can go to Ethanol from sugar cane, we should be able to do the same or similar in this country. But that is just my opinion.