Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

No More Gas : What would you do if we ran out of gas tomorrow?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by TrailLeadr, Mar 6, 2007.

?

What would you do if we ran out of gas tomorrow?

1. Drive until empty. park it, and buy an electric car.

4 vote(s)
    2.3%
  2. Siphon my neighbor's gas

27 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. Sit outside with a shotgun so my neighbor doesn't siphon my gas

38 vote(s)
    21.6%
  4. Convert my vehicle to alternative fuel (LPG, methanol...)

71 vote(s)
    40.3%
  5. Find some sucker, and sell him my obsolete vehicle

4 vote(s)
    2.3%
  6. Nothing. Wait for a replacement fuel to hit the market.

32 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. 4wd-burban

4wd-burban Member

Actually you didn't offer an alternative (the closest was protecting my stuff from siphoning) that fit. After watching the seasonal nature of gas prices my wife and I decided that we could capitalize on cheaper prices by buying extra gas when it was cheap and transferring it to a tank on our property. This way when gas is expensive we're not affected by it as it will most likely come down in a reasonable amount of time before our extra gas is gone.

If you look for used tanks (check farm sales/auctions) you can buy them cheap enough where they'll pay for themselves within the first year.

If you really wanna have some 'fun' research peak oil.

2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You are absolutely right!

3. no-blue-screen

no-blue-screen New Member

I have a Diesel Jeep liberty....so I would be dieseling on while everyone else is trying to find gas :biggrin:

4. 2loud

2loud Rockstar 100 Posts

well i has already run my cars on E-85 for 1½-2 years now so i dont not really now what i shall say ;-) its a easy rebuilt and with E-85 u got even moore power in your engine ,, the way i use E-85 isent the pollutions that comes in the first place but the engine runs mutch cleaner and gives less pollutions "automaticly"

yust add moore fuel ( ca 20-30% ) and u are home with running E-85 but then u also can adjust your timming mutch tuffer and then i get moore HP

5. TrailLeadr

Wow, that's good to know.:biggrin:

6. Sandy72526

Sandy72526 New Member

Sad to say, but I'd have to find a new job if we ran out of gas. I'm a community based nurse--wouldn't be able to assess my patients in their homes, unless they were within walking or bike riding distance to Cumberland...of course, then there's the hills to deal with on the bike! I'm sure it would take some time to convert the vehicles to an alternative form of fuel...good thing I have lots of vacation time on the books! (always try to see things from any positive that could come of it!!)

7. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Grow sugar beets and refine my own ethanol,

We have the technology,

We can rebuild him.

8. bill_pfaff

bill_pfaff New Member

It always has always amazed me that John Kennedy could challenge this country to put a man on the moon in 10 years (and the country do it) and we can't get off the oil wagon.

My Suburban is off the road. I now only use it for towing my travel trailer and going to dinner and wedding (only the beat baby). Last fall may Civic was paid off and I went out and bought a Sentra.

My wife and I work 25 miles from home and of course we can't ride together so I was not only driving the he.. out of the Suburban but I was running two vehicles.

Being a budget nut. I have calculated that between the lower car payment and the gas savings, I'm "saving" at least $800 a year despite the additional insurance and I get the advantage of keeping the stallion in the barn so it doesn't get burned out and I can ride it longer. I don't like the style of the new ones.

BTW. Did you know that our illustrious president reduced research monies for alternate fuels while touting alternate fuel vehicles on the national news. I don't want to start a political discussion but we need to clean house in DC.

9. TrailLeadr

I was just reviewing the poll, and it seems that 3 of our members would siphon their neighbor's gas, and 1 of our members would sit outside with a shotgun, and guard his/her gas. Let's hope that none of our members are next door neighbors. Otherwise we might be short a member or three if we were to run out of gas tomorrow.:eek:

10. maxumpower

maxumpower Rockstar

Well since i'm lazy as hell and work about a 1/8 of a mile from my house i suppose i wouldn't have to do anything but walk to the store for grocerys..........and that's only 1/2 mile from my abode.