Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

No one's done anything aftermarket? [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ChevyFan, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I know that a lot of people have done aftermarket stuff. Just wondering what types of things are done unique to your burban.

2. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

Just getting around to really working on mine, I have non stock rims (from a 2004 escalade), racing starter, racing catalytic converter (Summit Racing), High Flow air intake, Optima Battery, and a completely new stereo/video system (in progress) Nothing really drastic yet, Exhaust is slated for the next 2 or 3 weeks and then I want to shave the door handles, repaint and replace the interior. I know there has to be some more serious mods out there than what I have done.....

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How's that project going?

4. CWF

CWF New Member

Mine was well-equipped right off the assembly line but I've added some custom seat covers, floor mats, a Big Tex grill guard, and am waiting on a BurroBox rooftop cargo container (http://members.shaw.ca/nobid/index.html). The Big Tex is beefy but was a pain to install. Hopefully the fit has been improved since I got mine. With 35 cubic feet of covered storage, the BurroBox is the biggest available, and that's what I was after.

5. ChevyFan

6. CWF

CWF New Member

Done!

7. ChevyFan

Very cool.

8. curtolson

curtolson Member

So far modified 1)cool air intake
    2) Ordered a stage two chip
    3) Tornado intake and k&n air filter
    4) ordered spacer for throttle body
    5) adjustable air shocks
    6) need help with the exhaust it's a y-pipe. What do you guys say it's a 454 stock muffler and cat. Thinking duals and no cats with a set of hooker long competition headers.

9. curtolson

curtolson Member

Throttle body spacer on order
    going to a lower thermostat 160. Due to the stage two chip Helps TBI run richer fuel and the chip advances timing thus engine runs hotter.
    I must spend less on the mods because the wife now thinks we need new FURNITURE.
    I think furniture shopping is a waste of time but 454 mods are a basic necessity of life.
    What wrong with her priorities.

10. ChevyFan

:) Furniture!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.