No one's done anything aftermarket? [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ChevyFan, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I know that a lot of people have done aftermarket stuff. Just wondering what types of things are done unique to your burban.

2. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

Just getting around to really working on mine, I have non stock rims (from a 2004 escalade), racing starter, racing catalytic converter (Summit Racing), High Flow air intake, Optima Battery, and a completely new stereo/video system (in progress) Nothing really drastic yet, Exhaust is slated for the next 2 or 3 weeks and then I want to shave the door handles, repaint and replace the interior. I know there has to be some more serious mods out there than what I have done.....

3. ChevyFan

How's that project going?

4. CWF

CWF New Member

Mine was well-equipped right off the assembly line but I've added some custom seat covers, floor mats, a Big Tex grill guard, and am waiting on a BurroBox rooftop cargo container (http://members.shaw.ca/nobid/index.html). The Big Tex is beefy but was a pain to install. Hopefully the fit has been improved since I got mine. With 35 cubic feet of covered storage, the BurroBox is the biggest available, and that's what I was after.

5. ChevyFan

6. CWF

CWF New Member

Done!

7. ChevyFan

Very cool.

8. curtolson

curtolson Member

So far modified 1)cool air intake
    2) Ordered a stage two chip
    3) Tornado intake and k&n air filter
    4) ordered spacer for throttle body
    5) adjustable air shocks
    6) need help with the exhaust it's a y-pipe. What do you guys say it's a 454 stock muffler and cat. Thinking duals and no cats with a set of hooker long competition headers.

9. curtolson

curtolson Member

Throttle body spacer on order
    going to a lower thermostat 160. Due to the stage two chip Helps TBI run richer fuel and the chip advances timing thus engine runs hotter.
    I must spend less on the mods because the wife now thinks we need new FURNITURE.
    I think furniture shopping is a waste of time but 454 mods are a basic necessity of life.
    What wrong with her priorities.

10. ChevyFan

:) Furniture!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.