1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No power at the fuse panel

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by windhunter38, Nov 23, 2013.

1. windhunter38

windhunter38 New Member

The battery is charged and there is power at the starter but when I turn on the ignition key the dash does not light up. I have checked all the fuses at the fuse panel and they are good but there is no 12 VDC at any fuse. My guess is the an inline fuse to the B+ distribution block is blown. I don't have a wiring diagram and don't know where to find such a thing. Any ideas.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Could be a relay that allows power to the panel, or a bad connection between the panel and battery, possibly a corroded connector.
    What year truck is this?
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You haven't provided any vehicle info, so we need to guess.

Some (most) GM trucks have a fuse panel under the hood and a second fuse panel inside the cabin.

The inside panel is fused from the exterior panel, but it uses a larger fuse called a megi-fuse. It will be 75, maybe 100, maybe 125 amps to provide power to the inside fuse panel.
  4. windhunter38

windhunter38 New Member

Truck Type

My truck is a 1994 34 ft C30. The body is a RV. I have the RV wiring diagrams but the truck wiring is not included. I have found diagrams for the starter, neutral switch and neutral switch relay. This diagram does not show the ignition switch circuit but refers to a B+ distribution block. There is a fuse panel under the hood. No power there.
  5. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Ok, I thought you were talking about a secondary fuse panel not having power. Your saying the main fuse panel under the hood has no power.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no inline fuse for that panel. There should be one wire providing full time battery power and a number of wires providing other types of power ie: switched battery.

Pick a circuit that should work when the ignition key is off, ie: the parking lights. Find the fuse and trace the wiring back to the battery. You may have a faulty fuse panel (now, I said maybe, don't start changing it without proper testing).
  6. edsmagichands

edsmagichands Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Most Gm trucks have a cable from the battery to the starter and a cable from the battery to the underhood fuse box, some with a mega fuse in this cable.