1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No power drivers seat

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by dewe48, Feb 28, 2014.

1. dewe48

dewe48 New Member

Any idea what would cause the drivers seat to stop and the heat to stop in both drivers and passenger seats. The passenger seat still moves? thanks
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Depending on the year of truck either a fuse issue or the seat's control module sensed a fault in the seat heating system or movement motors so it turned them off to protect the unit. These systems can be finiky about this.
  3. dewe48

dewe48 New Member

It's a 2004 Suburban.
  4. Conlan Rose

Then its likely the control module having an issue. I'm not super knowledgeable about the newer seat systems, but I know others on this site are and they should definitely be able to help out.
  5. dewe48

dewe48 New Member

I see there is a fuse for the heated seats, and a control module for the power seats. Just confused how it could be one seat and both heaters? I'll take a look at it later, but was wondering how they could be related.
  6. Conlan Rose

It may just be a safety system built in to the system to prevent problems with the pass side heater. I really don't know why else there could be an issue.
  7. dewe48

dewe48 New Member

I still have no found an answer to this. :grrrrrr:
  8. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

9. Jamm3r

Jamm3r Member 1 Year 100 Posts

The power to the seat comes in on two large wires that go through a connector near the floor. One hot one ground. It is common for this circuit to fail at the connector due to high resistance, overheating, and melting of the connector body. If that has happened the easy fix is to cut the power and ground wires on both sides and install insulated bullet or spade connectors so that the oem connector need not be used for this high-current circuit.
  10. dewe48

dewe48 New Member

Well it took over a week, but they started working again by themselves.