1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

no power in drive and surging throttle

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 07Warrior, Jun 1, 2012.

1. 07Warrior

07Warrior New Member

So this is my project that I traded a motorcycle for. 1994 Chevy 1500 ext cab with 5.7 liter. I'd love any idea's to help me figure this turd out. I have an obd1 scanner that I can hook up if someone thinks that might help. It only pulled a tps code. I can view some basic data but nothing like an obdii

so I can put the truck in drive and it will barely move, once i get moving around 35 mph it seems to drive...well not fine but a lot better. I've tested the solenoids in the transmission and they check out. I just bought a torque convertor for a 4l60e at a cheap price and planning on changing it out. Is there anything else I should look for? btw I changed the filter and oil while checking solenoids and didn't see any kind of contamination in the pan.

Also while truck is in idle I can hold the throttle at about 1500 and it will start surging, wot seems good and it idles in park at around 500. I've changed the dcap and rotor, had the icm tested at the parts store, replaced the tps, and changed plugs and wires. I've added a can of seafoam to the tank, injectors seem to be spraying good. What am I missing that should be looked at? All other sensors and plugs look ok visually but that's not saying much.

Thanks,
    Dale
  2. 07Warrior

07Warrior New Member

Ok so I fixed the no power in drive issue. Went and got a timing light, unplugged the brown wire and tested...It was about 30 degrees off. Timed it up and then noticed a miss, after checking all the plugs and wires realized that the guy that had this before me had switched to wires around, flipped wires on cap and truck runs like a champ in drive.

The low rpm stumble is still present though. I've replaced the map and egr switches since my original post. I have good vacuum.