Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

no power to fuel pump 89 1500 4x4

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by eldoark, Jan 22, 2011.

1. eldoark

eldoark New Member

ok this is the problem...89 1500 4x4 no power to fuel pump. Checked all fuses under dash and also check the fuel pump fuse on the fire wall. I replaced the fuel pump and the fuel pump relay still no pwer at pump and no power at fuel pump fuse. If i run 12 volts to fuel pump fuse i can hear the fuel pump running. any ideas as to what can be wrong or what else i can check or do?

2. Taddpole

Taddpole Member

My 1990 C2500 had a fuel pump module located under the dash near the ECU. I had to pull the glove box liner to get to it. It's attached to to the ECU to the right of the glove box. I think it's what turns the F/P on before the F/P relay pulls in. I don't know if your truck is the same, but you might take a look. The part # is stamped on the module and it used to be available. I guess you could check local junkyards also. It's about 3in long, 2in wide and 3/4 in thick.

Hope this helps.

3. eldoark

eldoark New Member

thanks ill give it a look and see if i have one of them