Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No Radio Illumination [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)' started by BINGO53, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BINGO53

BINGO53 New Member

'07 Nox. I have been reasonably satisfied with the vehicle so far, minor problems and all. Just recently, upon startup the radio illumination is blank. It plays, but no clock, no info at all. The other lights, odometer, etc. are fine. It will eventually light up in 1-10 mins. Any input here before I haul it off to the dealer?

Respectfully,
    BINGO53 :great:
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's not normal. Could be anything from a loose display wire or something wrong with the unit itself. I wouldn't play around and would at least drive it to the dealer to get it logged as a problem, if not looked at.
  3. BINGO53

BINGO53 New Member

Thanks for the reply Steve. I am definitely going to haul it off to the dealer. However, this morning it is doing just fine. I think I am in for some of the "unable to duplicate problem" routine At least I have a pretty good dealer, and quite a bit of warranty left.

Respectfully,
  4. ProzacKid

ProzacKid Rockstar 100 Posts

Sometimes it's not a bad idea to mention it the next time you're in at the deal and ask that it be noted that you report it to them, just so it's easy to bring up if/when it starts to happen again.
  5. BINGO53

BINGO53 New Member

Took it in to the dealer this week. Of course it would not duplicate itself. I left it with the dealer, they called later in the afternoon, it was fixed. Loose gound wire.

Thank you for all your replies.

Respectfully,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.