1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No Reverse

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by alabamaxrebel, Jan 22, 2011.

1. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel New Member

Last night I went to back into a parking spot, put my truck in reverse a big pop and it wouldnt go backwards. Is this a sign of things to come with the tranny?
  2. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel New Member

Here's a little update with my truck. Saturday, I took it and dropped it off with the dealer. Reverse was not working at that point. They told me they couldnt get to it until Monday, so I left it with them so they could get started on it first thing this morning. The dealership then calls me around lunch time to say that reverse is working, but it fixed itself while it sat outside the dealership Saturday and Sunday nights. So I'm not complaining right now, reverse seems to be normal, but in the back of my mind I keep thinking that it could go out on me in any parking lot. So basically what I'm wondering is should this be a casue for concern or should I just let it go? The dealership seems to blow it off like it's not a big deal, but I dont want to get stuck in a parkinglot and have to push my truck backwards out of the spot. I dont even think Im big enough to move the beast. Feedback would be great. Thanks!
  3. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel New Member

I hear that. I went to another dealership and they said the same thing if there is no trouble codes in the computer they can't do anything. There is definately something wrong when you put your car in reverse and it goes nowhere. All it did was make a pop. Then if you put it to the floor it would slip and act like you were pulling a semi out of the mud and then it would click and go back to normal. That defintely doesnt fix itself sitting outside the dealership over the weekend. I asked them if they could take it apart and they said no, it wouldnt help. I have until may of 2012 on my warranty so I hope I can get it resolved before my warranty. I mean it is documented that my truck was in the shop for this so I'm hoping that will help me out around down the road. In my head Im thinking this problem doesn't randomly go away and will keep acting up. Tomorrow I am going to call the dealership in my hometown that has seen this truck a lot, and hopefully they will tell me what to do and maybe I can go home and have them take a look at it.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I wonder if a valve in the tranny got stuck from maybe some built up varnish and it did free itself. How many miles on the truck and when was the tranny serviced? Maybe a transmission fluid and filter change with some Lucas trans fix also to help free up sticking valves.
  5. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel New Member

It's at 50000 miles. I had the fluid checked at the last oil change and they said everything was looking good except the differential fluid.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think with 50,000 miles and running the larger tires I would have the transmission serviced.
  7. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel New Member

I will check into having that done and hopefully my problem will not resurface.