1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

No Spark - Need help/advice

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by refnerrw, Jul 29, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. refnerrw

refnerrw New Member

My name is Rich and I have a 1989 Suburban V1500 5.7 . It was running fine and I shut it off about 2 weeks ago. The next day..NO Start. Engine cranks but NO spark. I have replaced the coil and had the Engine Control model checked by Autozone and Advance Auto. It tests good. I replaced the Dist. Cap and rotor and have checked voltages to the coil. All checks okay. Still NO Spark. I am leaning to either the Pickup coil in the Distributor or the ECU. Any suggestions on how to test these? Any suggestions would be appreciated....Rich :grrrrrr:

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

I moved your thread to the correct section of our Forum and changed the title slightly to more match your topic. This should help in getting you more responses/opinions.

Unfortunately, I do not know what the issue could be, thus cannot be of any help to you in that area.