No Start- Help

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by nelsont, Oct 6, 2012.

1. nelsont

nelsont New Member

Hi guys am new to site but am sure there is good advice on the is forum.

My issue is with my 2003 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6 regular cab 4x4 with 4 speed auto transmission.

Came home from work friday shut off truck ran in house came back out not 5 minutes later and starter wouldn't roll over. All lights radio etc, work.

Battery has good juice, cant find any blown fuses. Spent today replacing Neutral/safety start switch and the starter- to my dismay no change.

Where to go from here before I haul her in to the stealer for service? Oh and almost forgot on way home the service engine light came on but truck was

running fine, I think just a coincidence, it has done this before(light) after putting in fuel, retighten gas cap and it would go out.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    :neutral:
    Tim

2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Any clicking sound at all when you try and turn the key??

3. nelsont

nelsont New Member

No, not a sound. Thats what is so strange. Like I said I replaced starter and neutral safety swithch on tranny. Battery seems strong.
    Tim

4. ntbush83

Have you tried the starter relay? Probably will be located in the fuse box. Just a simple thing to check

5. nelsont

nelsont New Member

Dealer called tonight and they have tracked it down to the the fuse box. Nothing $500 wont fix!
    Tim

6. ntbush83

Good deal glad to hear that!!