No Start issue, Thinking starter

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by M-technik-3, Sep 3, 2013.

1. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

So truck {2002 Tahoe LT} Has been starting rather oddly was thinking battery issues but today I load tested it so it's either the solenoid or the starter guessing it's the starter. Couldn't have happened at a worse time. Need to fly today and my primary vehicle has a failing tie rod so for safety I'm not driving it and then this....

ARG! frustrated with mechanical items lately.

- - - Updated - - -

So pulled starter only to realize that some goof ball engineer/bean counter didn't want to pay for 8 inches more of transmission cooler lines and you just can't drop the starter to get at the wiring to test it. It's not the starter relay either I swapped a set of like matching relays "yes i checked the schematics before doing so", and got the tradition zilch.

Put the starter back in connected battery and started up went out an hour later to run and errand and no start no again even with jumper cables connected so that rules out the battery in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

So back to removing this stupid thing I have loosened the front axle mounting bolt and removed the nut this still does not allow me the flexibility to move the starter up nor down enough to get it out of the transmission to undo the nuts on the starter.

Honestly what a dumb design. Simple yet just lacking the extra 1" of room to move it.

Using this simple pic
    662991.gif
    It should be nice and simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Replaced starter now it turns over Great but now it's Not Starting IE no spark. I hear fuel going through the rail so it's not a no spark. ODD

- - - Updated - - -

Got It. Missed the crank shaft postion connection above the starter on the engine. Starts excellent now nice and quick.

Arg dreaded thing just left me stranded for 45 minutes after tonights soccer practice and why the side terminal bolt was not tight enough.

Arg time to keep a small tool roll in this vehicle.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013