1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

no start on first key turn second turn good to go.please help

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by shaggyiroc, Nov 18, 2009.

1. shaggyiroc

shaggyiroc New Member

having a problem starting my 01 silverado 5.3. turn the key the first time just cranks. let off on key turn second time fires right up no other problems once started.checked battery connection and are fine and tight an the battery is new. thought maybe fuel pressure but i have no way to check thought id pick your guys brains first. thanks for all your help in advance.
  2. JimOmaha

JimOmaha New Member

I had that once. It was the fuel regulator. Fuel pressure was fine but regulator wasn't keeping the pressure up to start the engine. Turning the key a coulple times got the pump to get the pressure back up.
  3. azdrtdog

azdrtdog Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

YA i agree with jim.. cycle key twice go to start before second run on pump stops and if it fires nice check reg. and pump