No turn signals!

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by manifoldsrme, Jan 14, 2008.

1. manifoldsrme

manifoldsrme New Member

My turn signals quit working. Nothing. All other lights seem to be working fine as far as I can tell. I looked at the fuse box under the hood but did not see anything labeled turn signals. Is there another fuse box I need to check?

2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

You really need to fill in your signature card in the user control panel on the main page.

Or at the very least tell us what you are driving.

Did you check under the dash for a fuse box there?

Depending on how old this is it could be a defective turn signal switch, the older it is the more chance it is this.

But there are other things like a blown fuse that can be the problem to. So check for another fuse box under the dash, on the sides of the dash. I know some of the newer cars have them on the dash sides.

3. manifoldsrme

manifoldsrme New Member

Wow, your right! I cant believe I overlooked that. It is a 1996 Z71 Silverado. 305, 5 speed. Hope that helps. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

4. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

We are here to help when we can, hope it is a fuse because changing a multipurpose turn signal switch is a pain in the butt. Not to bad but you need special tools, and if you have an air bag that can make it dangerous also.

Not to mention they are real expensive.

Keep it between the ditches.

Edit to add

One more thing I should mention is that if you do not have a owners manual they are available on line from GM right here.

https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/gm/home?cmp=gmcomhp

Simply register and you will be able to download a manual free of charge.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  5. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

I was actually going to suggest a bad relay, but you fixed the problem, right?