1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!
  1. lovemytaho

lovemytaho New Member

I hope some one will help me I have 2002 Tahoe rear wheel drive I service trans oil and filter three month ago even I service deff oil too , today 04/20/14 I was backing the truck in to my parking garage sudden something locked and truck stops I put the shifter to D is ok I put back to R Trans didn't engage or was engaging but didn't go back I was accelerating seems something was holding the truck I try many time till start going back this is first time happens please any advice?
    and only in the morning when the truck is cold I start and slowly driving I hear clinking noise from under the truck and goes away

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

it could be the rear brakes holding it or it could be a damaged sun shell gear inside the trans. I would put the rear on jackstands, block the front tires and see what it does while in the air.
  3. zuki82

zuki82 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

yeah, me be thinking the rear brakes, too!
  4. lovemytaho

lovemytaho New Member

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I check my rear brakes I pull off the rotors and I check Parking brake pads too is ok still brand new since then didnt happen again, any other suggestion please?

- - - Updated - - -

I check my rear brakes I pull off the rotors and I check Parking brake pads too is ok still brand new since then didn't happen again, any other suggestion please?
    is rear wheel drive and 67000 mile only today I raise the truck on jack stand and i put on Revers and i heard some clicking noise while tires are backing but in Drive there is no noise is that ok?
    some people tolled the park brake may engaged some time while backing up .
    is that true?
  5. zuki82

zuki82 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Well, it sounds like the parking brake engaged while you where backing!