1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

noise from under hood

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by springtb, May 16, 2013.

1. springtb

springtb New Member

my belt is squeaking and the water pump pulley has some vibration. 2000 chevy 1500. my question is would replacing the pulley be a fix or would i need to replace the whole water pump
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Chances are that the vibration is due to a bad bearing in the pump not a bad pulley. I don't know that I have ever seen a water pump pulley go bad.
  3. springtb

springtb New Member

yea after some reading that what i came up with. so now the water pump needs replacing
  4. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts

remove the belt and check all pulley bearings , also before going to buy the parts .
  5. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member

noise under hood= awesome american V8

.... if you can wiggle the fan, the whater pump is shot. sounds like it is.
  6. springtb

springtb New Member

Sorry for never updating on the post. turns out that is was the water pump because it went out that afternoon a block from the house. Replaced it that night now it runs like a champ!!!!!!