1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Noise when I turn left or right.....

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by DSpivey, Sep 9, 2010.

1. DSpivey

DSpivey New Member

When I turn my wheels either way there is a little cracking noise coming form under the front end. Its a crack pop crack pop noise. Anyone have any idea what this may be?
  2. troutbug

troutbug Member

You may have a bad CV joint. Is it coming from just one side?
  3. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member 1000 Posts

Could be the turn signal...
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sometimes when you have your torson bars cranked to far its the suspension binding making that noise.
  5. DSpivey

DSpivey New Member

silverado trailblazer i dont think its from having the torsion bars cranked to far......i can crank those a lot higher! Im starting to wonder if its the cv joint like troutbug said. It sounded like it was coming from the driver side earlier. But only the driver side. Its cracking & popping. Wierdddd.
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

typically that clicking or cracking noise while turning is a cv joint. have someone outside while you are turning and moving to see if they can isolate the noise.
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

How many miles on your truck and is all or most of the front suspension including the CV joints factory? If so you need to check all the front end suspension pieces for excessive play. Think about it if you have a little play in every suspension part that adds up to alot of play across the front end.