Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

noisy fuel pump 2000 4.8 liter

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by aheisser, May 26, 2013.

1. aheisser

aheisser New Member

replaced fuel pump on 2k silverado 4.8, works fine but noisy at times.

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've heard of noisy pumps on Suburbans, mostly the acoustics of that particular model, never heard of one being noisy on a Silverado.

3. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. Good luck on the fuel pump noise....... :glasses:

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

I moved your thread here and edited your title slightly so that you will get more response/opinions.

Sorry, I cannot help but wish you luck in getting it solved.

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:

Noisy? Like is it knocking around or does it just sound strange, or what?

6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

This is what I was wondering. What kind of noise? A grinding, a rumbling, a whine?

7. Wabbitt

Wabbitt New Member

2000 Suburban noisy fuel pump

I was recently told a constant high pitched medium loud.. whine heard on my 2000 Chevy Suburban truck was my fuel pump. It has made this noise for the last 50k miles and I have just dealt with it. I've started looking at replacing now that it is 108k mileage.. It doesn't go on or off it is just contstant