Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Nokian Tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 2wheelin, Aug 1, 2007.

1. 2wheelin

2wheelin New Member

Nokian Tires, anyone using them?
    Sweedish Company. About $250 less than Michelin.

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I didn't know they made tires out of old cellphones....
    [​IMG]

Ha Ha Just kidding.

I've never heard of such a tire, Maybe Peter from Belgium can help us out..?

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You stole my joke.

I've never heard of them. I think they're trying to break out into exporting local products and "worldize" them, so I guess they're just as good of a tire as anyone else has for a national brand. I'm just speculating here.

4. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Never heard of them in my live, I think they are brand new :biggrin:

5. 2wheelin

2wheelin New Member

hmmm....well, would save me $173. The best deal I found for Michelin LTX/MS in
    265/70-16 was $754 drive out. The Nokians are $581 drive out. They are pretty sweet looking and they have a cool web site, ha! Decisions..decisions..

6. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry to kinda tease like that. What are you driving? Sounds like a good deal though.

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

8. 2wheelin

2wheelin New Member

Nokian

I ride a Suburban, 04'. I went with the Nokians. Put them on Saturday. Man are they sweet! Smooth quite ride with nice grippy feel on the road.

9. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

a friend of mine has them on his jeep. he drives like an idiot, burnouts, brakestands, the whole deal the tires still look like brand new even though hes had them for a long time.

10. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Saab story

The first time I saw a Nokia tire was in the trunk of a Saab. It was one of those 'mini spares.' It opened my eyes to the fact that Nokia is an industrial giant, not just a mobile phone mfg. You can buy a Nokia fridge, toaster, or tires. See Nokia's history at: Nokia.com AMR ranks Nokia number 1 in their "Top Supply Chain" roster ahead of the likes of IBM, Toyota, and Wal_Mart. From: MBT
    AMR's Top 25:
    • Nokia
    • Apple
    • Proctor & Gamble
    • IBM
    • Toyota Motor
    • Wal-Mart Stores
    • Anheuser-Busch
    • Tesco
    • Best Buy
    • Samsung Electronics
    Another one to watch on that list is Tesco. A huge food retailer in the UK. They are broke ground on a distribution center in SoCal and will be opening stores next year, across the southwest starting in SoCal and AZ. Bigger that a 7-11 smaller than an Albertsons with value priced fresh foods targeted at the working family.