1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Non-GM advertisements

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by ejohnson03, Sep 20, 2010.

?

As advertisements go, would you rather...

1. See only GM related ads

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. See whatever ads come up. Don't care.

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member 1000 Posts

Okay, what the crap?

I just posted a reply and an advertisement got stuck onto it.

[​IMG]

Correct me if I am wrong, but GM is not affiliated with Dodge is it? :grrrrrr:

I realize we gotta keep this website running, thus paid advertisements, but come on...
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

While I agree with you, because I personally would rather drive a Ford than a Dodge, if I had to choose and GM was not an option.

Ads are provided by outside technologies, they do not have any bearing on this website's affiliations or endorsements.
    I apologize if the ad bothered you, but as you realize running a site of this size does require considerable funding.

Perhaps if enough people chime in on this Steve may change his settings. No promises, but it's worth saying just the same.

We can start a mini petition with this thread.
    If you would like to see fewer (or none) non-GM ads (Dodge, Ford, Toyota, Nissan...etc.) on this site please comment in this thread.

Again, no promises but we'll see what comes of it.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

It seems we get this question every 6 months or so. First of all, I'm flattered that Dodge and Ford are targeting this site for their ads. I guess if you want to help the site out, and if you were to click on an ad that you found value in, then you would help essentially helping out your own cause.

I'm not advocating that someone click on an ad that they don't find value in, but if it peeks your interest, then do what you want to do. :)