NooB ~ 1992 GMC Sierra 3500

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by realkonceptz, Nov 13, 2012.

1. realkonceptz

realkonceptz New Member

Hello all, Recently got a 92' GMC Sierra 3500 which is my first truck. I have to say that, I don't know why I never thought of getting one before and how I went so long without one lol. I'm glad to be apart of the forum and already have a question for anyone willing to answer.
    The truck sat for six months before I bought it and was started every two weeks during that time frame. I noticed when I did a coolant flush on it that the fluid was beyond bad and brown and rust coloration. The owner said that the heater worked great before he parked it but when I got it the fan blows fine but the heater will not get hot. I asked him about it and he said that the electronic control unit in the dash may be bad. Can anyone shed some light?
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome! :great:
  3. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to GMTC!
  4. donyms

donyms New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. :glasses:
  5. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C! You may want to post your question in one of the " Tech' " forums. Good luck!
  6. pepper77

pepper77 New Member

welcome mate
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  7. Bighornkid

Bighornkid New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club.
  8. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:sign0016:Cant wait to see pics of you truck.
  9. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club. take a look around and post the two questions in the proper form and you will get an answer i'm sure. If you need to a little direction just let us know