1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Noob from Ann Arbor, MI

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by EzraBrooks, Nov 14, 2011.

1. EzraBrooks

EzraBrooks New Member

Just picked up my first truck, on Halloween. A white '99 C2500 454 Suburban LT. Needs just a bit of TLC but having fun already. Looks brand new. I replaced the front brake pads and had the rear drums 'adjusted' by a mechanic. I have a new parking brake release cable and handle on order, as well as two door jam switches to fix the dome lights, which this forum pointed me too. Thank you!

I tried putting running boards (Ionic Billet) on but after I successfully installed the driver's side, I noticed the mounting kit will not work on the passenger side due to tubes and hoses running along the inside of the rocker panel. D'oh! Rookie mistake. Will probably try a nerf bar later on.

I need to find the hardware that mounts to the back of the second row seats to hold the floor flap up so the third row passenger has some leg room. Can't find that one anywhere. Would help if I knew what it was called. Anyone?

The truck is in great shape and I got it for a song so I'm very happy. The gas bill is going to kill me, but I don't care. Taking it on an inaugural road trip with the kids next week. 800 miles each way. We made the trip this past summer in a Subaru Legacy. Much tighter quarters. Kids should enjoy this.

Only thing mechanically 'wrong' is the clunking sound in the right front when the front end lifts up. Saw another thread about it pointing to the fender bolts being loose. Checked them all. Twice. Like Santa. Not too worried about it right now but will keep my ears on it.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to on this trip is the stereo. My Subaru has a very nice sound system and this Burban does not. I like my music, a lot, but it's too close to the holidays to dump cash into an audio system. Kind of fun to be able to play tapes again, though.
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Sounds like you found a good Suburban, have fun!
  3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club.
  5. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard! Google GM parts and look for a site called GMpartsdirect.com. They are based out of NC and supply the real deal OEM parts - ones that are hard to fine, ones you don't know the name of.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  6. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site! Congrats! Nice looking ride!
  7. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome from SE Michigan.