1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

noob needs help with 2009 silverado door assembly

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by sajnaj, Oct 23, 2009.

1. sajnaj

sajnaj New Member

hello to all i am new to this forum

here is the situation i purchased a brand new 2009 silverade z71 lt ext cab that got hit on the lot and the doors were mangled. the problem is that i can not figure out how all the rods connect for the latch and and lock for the driver side door. i have all 3 of the rods and i had to purchase new door handles and latches. when i got the truck there was no way of telling how it was put together. i have the door handle attached to the latch and the lock on the inside of the door but i can not tell how the third rod from the outside door handle lock connects to the latch what i need is a pic or a service manual something to point me in the right direction.

thanks

jason
  2. sajnaj

sajnaj New Member

bump need some help
  3. bac-n-afect

bac-n-afect Rockstar 100 Posts

Well I just bought some color matched door handles. I'll take some pics as I'm switching them out. If it ever stops raining here...
  4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts