1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NOOB to GMTRUCK CLUB

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by SEL777, Sep 24, 2008.

1. SEL777

SEL777 New Member

Hello all,

I wanted to introduce myself as a NOOB here but have been on other vechicle forums for a while. I find these specialty forums sites to be the best place for the info I may need. I am not new to GM trucks, my old 89 K5 served me well for many years/miles. I currently own a 92 GMC TYPHOON, it's my daily for now, but I'm looking for a 96-99 Tahoe - Yukon 2 door with a tailgate/window...maybe a 2 WD. I'll check the FS section.

Steve
  2. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:sign0016:
  3. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

welcome to the forum! Was your typhoon stock?
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  5. finalday7

finalday7 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Glad to have ya here steve.
  6. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:sign0016: to GMTC!!
  8. SEL777

SEL777 New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

to answer your question it's stock for the most part, as I needed to keep it on the street. I've only done suspension and reliability mods (ZQ8 box, Borgenseon steering shaft, lowered leaf springs, good parts tune up X3, AFPR, upgraded and hot wired IC pump, IC hard line delete, all new Silicone Vac line,CF Boost and Trans Temp gauges).

I'm looking for a 96-99 Tahoe/Yukon 2 door with a tailgate- window. I can then retire the Ty from DD duties.

I have lots of parts waiting to go on, Big Dawg 20 G turbo, new trans and 9/11 convertor, AUX cooler, Vortec heads, 3 BAR MAP,then a custom tune program for my blank chip. When the heads and turbo go on, I plan to add a cam. This combo should get my into the high 11'S. That'll be plenty quick for a street turck.