1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nooooo, my streak is over!!! (CEL)

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by McClintoc, Dec 10, 2013.

1. 01stepside

01stepside Rockstar

I am so lucky i read this thread lol I have the same EXACT issue but the only difference is I actually think mine has something to do with the fuel injectors or fuel pump...I can fill the tank up completely and the light goes off, but then when it gets down to about half tank the light comes back on...So I am planning on getting some injector cleaner as well as checking all the intake connections and maybe replacing the air filter which I know is a must for me...
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

[MENTION=37284]01stepside[/MENTION] Have you actually read the codes when the light comes on?
  3. 01stepside

01stepside Rockstar

Yes sir! Gave me the same code you got...read all the possible problems that could cause this and clogged injectors was one of the things listed...

PS: why do you think I said "I have the same EXACT issue as you"
  4. McClintoc

Well, I am starting to think [MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION] 's cold-air theory is correct. My CEL came on again yesterday on the way home from work; exactly like it did the first time it came on a few weeks ago. Again, just like the first time, the temp for the day never got above 30 so the air is very cold. Then again, I can only assume the CEL this time is the same code as last time - I already gave my dad's code reader back to him... :(
  5. McClintoc

CEL has been off the past couple of days as it has been in the 50s. Now I'm pretty sure it's just the really cold air that is causing my light to come on. Whew, I am glad I didn't dump a bunch of money into this one. All I am out is a can of MAF sensor cleaner. :glasses:
  6. GMClone

GMClone Rockstar

I'm hopeful it's the cold air theory as well, my CEL came on this morning on the way to work, when it was -4 degrees. Yes, that's still Fahrenheit for you southerners! Anyways, pulled a P0101 code for MAF undervoltage. I reset it for now, we'll see if it comes back on... I'm about ready to head home and it's warmed up to +9. Of course, I didn't get any CEL a couple weeks ago when it was -14 one day...

I've already got the CRC Cleaner, and come to think of it I'm not sure if I cleaned it last summer like I usually do. I hope I can make do until it warms up a little, at least over 30 before I want to be messing under the hood!