North Carolina get together Raleigh 1pm Saturday, June 23, 2012 thread

Discussion in 'Meets & Get-Togethers' started by moogvo, Apr 18, 2012.

1. moogvo

moogvo Moderator

We're all set. It looks like we will be meeting in Raleigh on June 23rd 2012 at the Carolina Ale House, located at 7981 Skyland Ridge Parkway, Raleigh on Saturday, June 23rd at 1pm. See you there!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

I'm game for something in the RTP area. [MENTION=52280]nakranij[/MENTION] and [MENTION=40941]aloxdaddy99[/MENTION] might be, too; we're all 25ish mins from one another.
  3. moogvo

moogvo Moderator

I am about an hour south of Raleigh... That seems like a nice central location with many places to meet. I am game for other towns too.
  4. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

Depending on the date and time I am game.... I have had 70 hour work weeks the past 5 weeks so time has been tight.
  5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

Count me in.
  6. medicmatt

medicmatt New Member

My bad on this, I've had a lot going on lately and haven't gotten on the forum. If this hasn't happened already, I'd be interested. Also would be interested in future meets if it has happened.
  7. moogvo

moogvo Moderator

Hi Matt. It hasn't happened yet, but the cool part is that if it had, it would be easy to do it again!
  8. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

Well if gas prices dropped another 2 dollars or so I could probably make a dead head run. But we know that isn't happening anytime soon. You guys have a good time out there Ya hear.:rofl:
    Great idea by the way:great:
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

id like to, i really would. hopefully things will work out for me here, cant really say to much more right now. I hope to be able to stick around. then i could show of my new truck.

Alex
  10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

We need to get this going.
    Alex I may be up your way in a few weeks. If I am I will PM ya so maybe we can grab a beer.
  11. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

[MENTION=40941]aloxdaddy99[/MENTION], [MENTION=52280]nakranij[/MENTION], [MENTION=44531]Sierraowner5.3[/MENTION], [MENTION=12002]moogvo[/MENTION], [MENTION=52529]medicmatt[/MENTION]:

Do we want to try to do something before July? What's Saturday the 23rd look like for people? It's well after Father's Day (the 17th) and well before we get into 4th of July territory.

Thoughts?
  12. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

Right now, anything is open and thank you for helping me today. Got the tires rotated and balanced and alinement done.

-J
  13. medicmatt

medicmatt New Member

Yeah I can probably do the 23rd. I guess I need to do something to my truck, I don't want to be the guy with no mods. LOL
  14. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

sounds like a plan to me, as far as i know i dont have anything that weekend.

Alex
  15. moogvo

moogvo Moderator

me too. I ned to get my catalytic converter issue sorted out, but I am hoping to have it taken care of by then. I put the truck up on ramps and went to take the down pipes off. When I put the wrench on the bolt and gave a pull, a nasty pain shot across my chest and neck. I actually thought the truck fell on me for a minute. After laying there for several minutes, I realized that the truck was still on the ramps just like it was supposed to be. I haven't been brave enough to try it again! LOL!
  16. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Ok what times are good for people? I'm thinking mid-day (1pm-ish EDT) so that people have time to be leisurely about getting up and driving. We could hang out for 4-5 hours then folks could head back with some daylight to spare.

Is that workable?
  17. medicmatt

medicmatt New Member

That works great for me. Any ideas on where to hold it?
  18. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Probably the RTP area. As it seems ot be the center of gravity and as we've got folks both north and south of it who are interested. I figure we'll pin down a date and time and get a precise location after.
  19. medicmatt

medicmatt New Member

Oh yeah, that's more what I meant as in the general area. I'm looking forward to it. I'm planning to get my bowties wrapped soon, but not sure I'll have time for much else between now and then.
  20. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

We like factory as much as we like modded. There's no mod requirement to come. :)