North Carolina get together Raleigh 1pm Saturday, June 23, 2012 thread

Discussion in 'Meets & Get-Togethers' started by moogvo, Apr 18, 2012.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

What was the name of those stability control springs that connect to the leaf springs again? I think I am going to order a set.

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Look for 'Roadmaster active suspension'. It's what moogvo is talking about getting a group buy for...

3. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It is a low number... 2 or 3 sets maybe. I will try to call my guy today.

4. SurrealOne

Alright you can count on me; I'll delay my purchase and install so that I can be among the needed numbers that shaves costs for all. Who else is in? @Sierraowner5.3? @nakranij? [MENTION=40941]aloxdaddy99[/MENTION]? Are you in, too, @moogvo?

Surreal

P.S. Thank you VERY much for trying to set this up, @moogvo. Excellent forum solidarity. Given this group of people's activity level, here, it's also good advertising for Roadmaster if they do it ... assuming we like the product.

P.S.S. My truck being a 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT, I believe I need Roadmaster Active Suspension item #4611, model ref # MK4-XXF. When it comes time to do the order that'll be necessary. It'd help to have your Roadmaster guy confirm that this is the correct item and model number for my year/make/model, as well.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

I was looking at purchasing it also, I am seeing a retail of about $349-$379 so if we can get a group price that is better than that, I am in also.

6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

well, id like to for sure. seems like a super deal! its just the money side of things for me right now. let me talk to the wife about it, cause its either gonna be this or the tuner, and I REALLY want a tuner.

Alex

7. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

At this time I am going to have to pass on this.

8. SurrealOne

A tuner will pay for itself. This won't. On the flip side, if you plan to get this after a tuner and buying it now saves you 100 clams, then doing it in that order may work for you.

9. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ok gang... here's the deal on the active suspension kits... I talked to my guy at Roadmaster. They are willing to make us a deal. Normally, before considering a "Group Buy", they need 30 or more people. HOWEVER... Since the Sales Manager is a buddy, we are going to work it out so that we can do it with as few as 6 buyers. So here's how it works...

I have elected to become a dealer for this product, so he can sell them to ME at dealer prices. They can then drop ship them to YOU directly. This way, I become the one who is offering the group buy, bypassing their requirement for 30 or more members to do it in order to get the discount.

Roadmaster does not sell out the front door unless you are in an area where there are no dealers unless you are buying quantities. They require their dealers to advertise them at $379.00 or higher. most dealers sell them from $459-$500, and many of them require you to pay for installation as well.

The price that the company will offer for a Group Buy is $349.00 plus tax with 30+ participants. The price for the group with me as the dealer will be $325.00 plus tax per kit. One kit will upfit one vehicle. There is also a 100% money back guarantee. If you install this kit and don't think it is the best mod you have ever done to your truck, take it off and send it back. They will even cover the shipping cost to get it back to them and you will get 100% of your money back.

So, what's in it for me? I get a "Close-to-free" kit for my truck, but I am the one responsible for keeping track of tax records and paying income tax at the end of the year for this venture. I also get the opportunity to offer group buy pricing to the forum at any time. I will also get the opportunity to advertise and support the forum in the future.

I DO need to get at least 6 participants in order to get them at this price, however, so please let me know as soon as possible if you are in. I need a total by Friday, as they are planning a price increase on the 1st of the month. So, NO PRESSURE! I WILL still be able to get them at a discount at that time, but I will also have a higher minimum order to be able to get them at dealer pricing.

Roadmaster Active Suspension anyone?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  10. SurrealOne

Six might be harder to get. Let's find out. Thanks, again, for the effort, moogvo!