North East GTG

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by TrailLeadr, Feb 10, 2007.

Newest Photos

?

When would you be able to attend a North East GTG?

1. January

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. February

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. March

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. April

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. May

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. June

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  7. July

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  8. August

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  9. September

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  10. October

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

This poll will be used to determine the best month for the North East GTG.
    If you live in any of the following states: CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV, please take the time to cast your vote on what month you would be able to attend a GTG.

After this poll has run a little while, we can post another poll to see what you think about the best location.

If you do not live in any of those states, please do not vote on this poll, as it will skew the numbers.

(because the poll system will only allow 10 options, November/December will be omitted mostly because of the holidays)
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  2. NHSilverado

NHSilverado Former Member

Location would determine when or if I could attend.
  3. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Same here, if it's much more than a 2 hour drive I am going to be to tired to drive it.
  4. terry0341

terry0341 New Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

Location would prob be the biggest factor for me also. Traileader did you see or like the idea about staying with mom and pop places to hold these events?
  5. TrailLeadr

I actually did see the comment about the Mom & Pop places. I was originally under the impression that you were suggesting that we see if they would be interested in participating. Is that what you meant?

So, it seems that we should come to a conclusion about where it would be held first then.
    This is what we have for the Northeast region (see pic below). I'm thinking that just about all of us are going to be driving for at least a couple hours or more to attend this. To keep things central, it's likely going to have to be in the tri-state area of NY,PA,NJ.

Any thoughts? We can work out the details of when later. As for now, it looks as though the majority vote was June, but we only had about 5 votes so far.

Throw some ideas out there as to location, and we'll work from there.:biggrin:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  6. terry0341

Yes

Both participate or just have the event at a Mom & pop place depending on attendance of course.I will not be able to do anything in June personally but I know majority rules. I would think upstate NY would be a good place.
  7. TrailLeadr

Well, we only have 6 votes, and I know we have more people from the North East than that. So June may not be the time frame we're looking at.

If it happened in Upstate NY, do you have a suggestion on the place to do it?
  8. NHSilverado

NHSilverado Former Member

You can count me out if those are the only states you would consider for the GTG. :frown: I mean it is fine and all( I seldom attend these events but was considering this one )but that is WAY too far for anyone who lives in NH or ME, and is even too far for most folks who live in MA and VT, to attend. Seems like the Northeast grouping on this web site is a LOT bigger than what the Northeast really is. Ohio in the Northeast?

Good luck with it but as said you have bumped me out based on the location you selected. Anywhere from 5-10 hours one way depending on what you settle on. That means I either leave before the sun rises to get there and then have a long ride home after or I need to have a minimum of 2 days and there would be hotel fees and such. I just don't have the time or $$$ for that just for a small truck club meet. I will wait for a New England GTG that is closer to where I live unless they decide to hold that in Florida or something. :biggrin:

Note - no offense meant by this. Any sarcasm is just in good fun. Your site and your decisions. Just pointing out that many people are being forced out of attending because you have too large of a geographic area grouped together. With such a large area being put into one group you are never going to have something that lets all the members attend. If you have it clsoe enough for those of us really in the Northeast( :biggrin: ) then it means those in Southern NY, PA, OH will be too far away. I see no way to make it work so the most people could attend.

Again, no offense and best of luck with it. Maybe you need a New England grouping or something. Just don't see grouping people in NH & ME with people in OH?
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  9. terry0341

It does not matter to me

It does not matter to me, really the time of year is more of an issue for me. Upstate NY is about 8 to 10 hrs for us OHIO dudes, I have a friend that lives in Rochester and that is not even Upstate and it is 6hrs away. I would drive 10 to 12 for a good size event. I do not know who set up the regions, I was just going with what was set up. I always thought Ohio was considered midwest.
  10. TrailLeadr

Well, I believe the regions were thrown together kind of quickly, and it may not have been my best decision to use those regions for the template of the GTG. The regions were initially setup this way so that there would not be forum listings for each state.

I think in the interests of this years North East GTG, I'd like to organize for the following states to participate in the NorthEast GTG: CT,RI,MA,NH,VT,ME. (The New England area)
    Naturally those who live in NY, PA, and NJ are welcome to join in, but I don't want to make people feel like they would have to travel half the day to attend.

Conversely this will leave the areas previously covered in the North East GTG without a GTG. Perhaps we can find some people from those areas who might want to take on the responsibility of setting up a GTG for that area. What do you think Steve?