1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Northeast GTG (get together)

Discussion in 'North America - Northeast USA' started by ChevyFan, Jan 24, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Who's interested in a Northeast GTG event?
  2. NHSilverado

NHSilverado Former Member

Would all depend on where it will be held, when, and how much gas costs at the time.
  3. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

WHats GTG?

But sure if it's not to far I'll try to make it.

Never mind, I figured it out.

Gm truck club, dah
  4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Count me in. Just depends on when, and where. It probably sounds crazy, but I have no idea how these are held. Do we just locate some spot (Foxboro Stadium...lol) where they will allow the GTG, or is there some kind of hall rental involved.
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

depends on how many folks there are. For a local one, I'd just pick a restraunt. If it was huge, then it might need to be tied to something like an auto show, etc.
  6. NHSilverado

NHSilverado Former Member

GTG stands for "Get Together". Has become popular slang used by car clubs to simply mean a meeting or event for the members. Generally it is a car( or in this case truck ) show, cruise night, drags, etc...
  7. terry0341

terry0341 Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

Im in

I would be in Both State GTG and regional GTG. I think we should try and include as many MOM & POP American Businesses as possable!
  8. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

OK North Easterners Lets get this ball rolling. I'm going to start a poll on what month you think you would attend a GTG.
    After that poll runs about a week, we'll have another to decide on the state.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  9. tpirob

tpirob New Member

Ok...sorry for ressurecting this old thread, but has anything come of Steve's idea for a GTG in the Northeast? I belong to a TDI Club (Volkswagen TDI) and they do GTG's all the time. Some are hosted at members' homes, others are held at restaurants or other locations. Every year, they have a MASSIVE GTG called "TDIFest" where people from all over the country meet for several days. The organization and detail put into it is phenominal. I've not yet attended one, but plan to one day!

Anyway, back to our own GTG here....I would host one, but I don't really live in a central location! I have room here for about 8-10 trucks or so. Typically with these GTG's, each person bring something to share (food, drinks, snacks, etc), and it's a time where you can just hang out and check out each other's trucks.

With many of the TDI GTG's people also work on each other's cars if there are qualified people that volunteer to do some wrenching. I've seen them do everything from simple maintenance to timing belts, tranny/engine swaps, etc! Can get pretty involved, but the host has to have the facilities, tools, and equipment for stuff like that! I don't have facilities or tools to do any work....heck, I don't even have a paved driveway (yet!). But I do have room for a few trucks, and I wouldn't mind the opportunity to just meet other owners, hang out, and check out each others rigs. Some burgers wouldn't hurt, either!

Another cool aspect of some more involved GTG's are the friendly competitions.....like cleanest car, fastest, most modded, highest mileage, etc, etc. So who's up for a GM Truck Show n' Shine? :biggrin: I haven't been on this site long, but I've already seen some worthy contenders!

So anyway....sorry for the long post in the ressurected thread, but I just think that Steve had a great idea and that we should try to make this happen! Aside from good fellowship and conversation (and the potential of building long friendships), a GTG is a great opportunity for people to learn from others about their trucks!
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  10. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

anyone planing one in the southern area?