1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

not a typical leveling kit question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ekoostik9, Apr 27, 2010.

1. ekoostik9

ekoostik9 New Member

Most kits you can get the 3inch rear blocks. For the people who have used a leveling kit, did you buy the blocks too? And does it make a difference? I have a 99 1500 and the 3 inch blocks would add an inch. Thanks
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yes the blocks make a difference, I ran mine without blocks for 6 months or so and even though it "measured" level it always looked like it was squatting in the rear, especially since most lots have some sort of grade. Also at take off from a stop light I was told by a friend that it looked even worse, so I put the blocks in and it looks much better. The 3" blocks gave me 1.25" of lift in the rear.
  3. A1CMason

A1CMason Rockstar

How much do you have your keys tightened with the blocks in the rear?
  4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't have the adjusters turned in very far, and I still acheived around 3" of lift.

[​IMG]
    adjuster bolt

[​IMG]
    The Diet Pepsi Height test

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Measurement to top of wheel opening.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  5. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I'm currently searching all the current threads for info on leveling my burb. It definitely looks like the rear sits a bit lower than the front. It looks like I have several threads I can go through for info about correcting this. How many of you have done the blocks so far?