1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Not a Typical Question

Discussion in 'Ask GM Customer Service' started by Goldie, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've been researching the purchase of a 2012 GMC Sierra W/T with a very few options. The dealers I have contacted (email only) have not been able to locate a vehicle I that will meet my need in a truck. When I have suggested making an order from the factory it falls on deaf ears. Any suggestions for me to be able to change this attitude on my own?
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

goldie,

I would suggest calling the dealership about your order. If that action is not received by the dealer I would be happy to locate another dealer near you that you can place an order with. Please let me know, thank you.

Sincerely,
    Evan, GM Customer service
  3. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Evan - O.K. Let me know what dealer I can place an order with, please. Since I wrote my original message, I've tried twice to order I truck and keep getting the run around fro local dealers. I wish I could lodge a complaint with someone that would make a difference.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

You just did... She will help you..The dealers problem is that they don't make much from selling Stripped WT trucks and they want to sell what's on the lot. My old landlord in NY had the same problem with Grand Prize Chevy in NY. So I spoke to a dealer for him in the Bear Mt area and they got him what he wanted..

WT 2 wd with 8ft bed in Red.. I got him some Acc's like Bug shield,Ventvisors,Running boards, Liner and a Topper and he loves it...
  5. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

goldie,

There are several GMC dealerships near your area. I don't know which ones you have tried but here is a list:
    [h=3]HARBOR CHEVROLET BUICK GMC[/h]
    • Distance: 9.2 Miles
    • 9911 WEST 300 NORTH
    • MICHIGAN CITY, IN 46360-9317
    • Certified Internet Manager: Jeff Martin
    • Phone: (219) 879-6789

[h=3]PAUL SUR BUICK-GMC, INC.[/h]
    • Distance: 10.9 Miles
    • 1551 W US 30
    • VALPARAISO, IN 46385-6243
    • Certified Internet Manager: Brad Recker
    • Phone: (219) 462-1168

[h=3]SCHEPEL BUICK-GMC, INC.[/h]
    • Distance: 19.1 Miles
    • 3209 W LINCOLN HWY
    • MERRILLVILLE, IN 46410-5150
    • Certified Internet Manager: Tim Tedesco
    • Phone: (219) 769-6381

[h=3]SAUERS BUICK GMC[/h]
    • Distance: 19.4 Miles
    • 1900 E LINCOLNWAY
    • LA PORTE, IN 46350-8071
    • Certified Internet Manager: James Davis
    • Phone: (219) 326-7474
    [h=3]CIRCLE BUICK GMC, INC.[/h]
    • Distance: 21.8 Miles
    • 2440 45TH ST
    • HIGHLAND, IN 46322-2603
    • Certified Internet Manager: Eric Druktenis
    • Phone: (219) 865-4400

I hope this helps!

Evan, GM Customer Service
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

This seems to be a common problem with many dealers, last November when I was looking for a truck I was told by more than half the dealerships in the DFW area that they wouldnt order a truck unless it was a multi vehicle deal, they want to sell dealer stock and have no interest in looking outside their dealership.
    There were three dealerships in particular that checked my financing, knew I had the funds to buy, and refused to order anything, insisted if I bought from them it would be something in stock.
  7. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The next time I buy new, which will be quite a ways down the road as my current plans for my truck will keep me busy for a while, I have every intention of ordering it exactly how I want from the factory. I understand dealerships don't like to do this as they want to unload their stock, but the way I figure it, there are also so many dealerships elsewhere, I'll be more than happy to go elsewhere. I have no issue with the dealership making a little money for facilitating everything. They need to make something too. I just have no patience for trying to talk me into what I don't want or charging me too much.
  8. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I went through the same thing back in Oct 06 and again today for my new truck. I'm just glad the dealership I got my 07 from is still in business and also sells GMC. They will get every dollar I spend on a new vehicle. Good customer service is hard to find.
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

^^^^^^

So very true. Customer service when you can find it is worth its weight it gold. Imo.

Alex
  10. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I drove 556 miles to a dealership cause they had mine on the lot that I wanted and all I got was a runaround on the whole deal. first salesman thought I was blowing smoke up his arse. finally had to ask for another salesman and got him to believe me that I was going to buy thier truck and then when I showed up to get it, it was dirty, not ready for me to take delivery, found scratches all over the bed rails. oh did I mention with tax and everything I was laying down almost 45k for this truck. What a joke this dealership was. Anyways this rants for the dealership review area anyway. just saying