1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Not getting Email alerts

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Pikey, Sep 29, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Just wanted to let you know [MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION], that I have not gotten a email alert about any of the posts I am subscribed to in more than 2 days.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I don't seem to be getting emails when I receive PM's, now, either ... and I've not changed my settings for that. I wonder if the last email blast Steve did resulted in getting the server IP placed in spam databases ... or if something else is awry (e.g. mailer daemon dead).
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yah I'm having the same problem.
  4. Pikey

is anyone getting alerts at this time?
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Hmm, I'll check my email settings and maybe I'll have to do an unfreeze.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I couldn't see anything, except there looks to be a couple of page layout issues after the garage plug-in was installed. I think I'm going to have the plug-in authors help me out and pay for professional support to get this working right and I will try to learn as much about the layout to make changes to it. That seems more likely to be the cause, but who knows.
  7. SurrealOne

Two new PM's today. Zero emails telling me about them. I didnt' change any settings to tell the systme not to send me emails when I receive a PM, so it should still be sending them ... but isn't.
  8. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Just got about 58 emails guess its working again.
  9. Pikey

Yep, must be working again. I just got 138 emails from GMTC. I guess I have been missing a lot.
  10. SurrealOne

I, too, was spammed with PM notifications. I'm glad it's fixed.

Do we know what happened so that it can be monitored and potentially prevented in the future? (That's the analyst in me asking for a RCA aka Root Cause Analysis; I can't help it! )