1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Not Happy with UPS right now.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by finalday7, Nov 1, 2007.

1. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well I orderd some new wheels and tires for my truck. Excited cause I got a smokin deal. They were suppose to arrive tuesday so I took off work early to be there when the driver shows up. He takes out 1 wheel, then 2 then 3 and uhhh closes the door. They left one in mississippi. They said it would be here Wednesday. I was like man this sucks but o.k I can wait one more day. So My dad is home Yesterday so as the UPS guy shows up and is rolling the rim in my dad hears this clinking noise. Opens it up to find out that the lugs had spilled and now I'm stuck with 4wheels/tires and a total of 3 lug nuts. Sweet. When I get home I look at the rim and from the retard rolling it and hearing the clink clink clink that was my nice new rim getting dented and scratched. So now I have to send it back and then they send me a new one. Looking at around 2 weeks. But on a brighter side, I'll have the lugnuts friday. YAY. Sorry guys just had to vent. :glasses:

2. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

that sucks ... funny i had the same thing happen to me

3. finalday7

A little off topic but how do you like your gibson exhaust. I looking into getting a new exhaust soon but i'm looking for something not to loud so I'm leaning toward maggies.

4. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Sounds to me like UPS just bought you a new rim...they ought to.

5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thats a shame. If that was me there'd be one less UPS guy in the world. Thats B.S. but good luck with it.

6. finalday7

Yeah I did have the option of buying the slightly damaged rim and new tire at a highly discounted price but I have nowhere on the truck to keep it.

7. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Matching spare? Mount it in the bed? hmm...I got some ideas...lol

8. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

UPS= Unbelievably
    Poor
    Shipper

9. finalday7

Yeah I was gonna put in the rear but the bed being only 5'8" is already small enough let alone a 32" tire hogging the room.

10. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Good point. You'll probably use your bed. Personally, I always go with the insurance...on something expensive. UPS flubbed up an order I made from my speaker company. My subs are over $600 a piece and two of them had been dropped and the frame broken. UPS got a nice little hefty bill for that...