Not more TBI, got a new rig... Pics to follow

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by murdog94, Jun 30, 2010.

1. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well after a few weeks of looking and searching, I finally stepped up from my 1988 K2500 To a 1998 Chevy K1500 Silverado Z71.. Ext cab with the third door.. Every option except leather, and the compass rearview mirror.. Not a drop of rust on the body (nearly impossible to find here in MN) and in excellent shape.. Its white with the Red interior. 170K miles with a brand shinny new transfer case, rear drive shaft and rear diff. The motor is tight and no leaks.. Kinda excited to actually be able to get a programmer and toss a set of headers on to see how it does. I still have the old trusty 3/4ton, and it is in the shop getting timed right now after i replaced the distributor.. Then to repair the AC and replace the Pass front CV axle and a for sale sign goes up in the window. Ill try to get some pics tomorrow it was raining when i got home and i needed to take a nap before work.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Concrats on the new ride!

3. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Congrats on the new truck man.

4. swedp

swedp Rockstar

have to come over the sea for mingel among all those trucks

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sorry on the delay on pics guys.. 4th of July and then a guy quit at work.. So a lot of night shift for me lately.. Still running great and it pulls my boat way better than my 3/4ton, even though the 3/4ton is running right now (figures after i get another truck haha)

6. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Congrats on the new truck. Looking forward to the pics. Good luck with it.

7. swedp

swedp Rockstar

hi murdog and all of you friend´s. used to have ´56 step side with a hallert dragboat good for at clock 92 knots,waiting for pics from friends that has them.i´m older now but not lazy....

8. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The 5.7's (96-99) are generally very sweet, reliable motors.I bought my 98 Suburban-2wd 1/2 ton-3 years ago with 195,000 miles on it.It has 213,500 miles now and it runs great. It is so reliable we drove it to Arizona(from New Orleans) twice- 3000 miles each time. I never figured such a high mile vehicle could be so reliable.
    It uses maybe 3/4 qt per 4000 miles-still within acceptable specs.Oil pressure is 21 psi at idle(once warm) and 44-45 psi at 1700 RPMs.
    Best of all it gets 21 mpg on long highway trips-3000 miles 141 gallons. Now I do drive like an old man-set the cc to 68 mph- but the AC is ALWAYS blasting, so 21 mpg is awfully good for such a huge comfortable do anything vehicle.

Yeah, you did ok going to the vortec with the fancier FI.
    Someday, you can drop in a GM crate 383E stroker- just $4800 delivered to your curbside.It is a drop in motor(except for the 1/2 ton trans which needs beefing up) See how easily I spent your $$ !!

We're waiting for those pictures!!