1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Not more TBI, got a new rig... Pics to follow

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by murdog94, Jun 30, 2010.

1. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well after a few weeks of looking and searching, I finally stepped up from my 1988 K2500 To a 1998 Chevy K1500 Silverado Z71.. Ext cab with the third door.. Every option except leather, and the compass rearview mirror.. Not a drop of rust on the body (nearly impossible to find here in MN) and in excellent shape.. Its white with the Red interior. 170K miles with a brand shinny new transfer case, rear drive shaft and rear diff. The motor is tight and no leaks.. Kinda excited to actually be able to get a programmer and toss a set of headers on to see how it does. I still have the old trusty 3/4ton, and it is in the shop getting timed right now after i replaced the distributor.. Then to repair the AC and replace the Pass front CV axle and a for sale sign goes up in the window. Ill try to get some pics tomorrow it was raining when i got home and i needed to take a nap before work.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Concrats on the new ride!
  3. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Congrats on the new truck man.
  4. swedp

swedp Rockstar

have to come over the sea for mingel among all those trucks
  5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sorry on the delay on pics guys.. 4th of July and then a guy quit at work.. So a lot of night shift for me lately.. Still running great and it pulls my boat way better than my 3/4ton, even though the 3/4ton is running right now (figures after i get another truck haha)
  6. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Congrats on the new truck. Looking forward to the pics. Good luck with it.
  7. swedp

swedp Rockstar

hi murdog and all of you friend´s. used to have ´56 step side with a hallert dragboat good for at clock 92 knots,waiting for pics from friends that has them.i´m older now but not lazy....
  8. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The 5.7's (96-99) are generally very sweet, reliable motors.I bought my 98 Suburban-2wd 1/2 ton-3 years ago with 195,000 miles on it.It has 213,500 miles now and it runs great. It is so reliable we drove it to Arizona(from New Orleans) twice- 3000 miles each time. I never figured such a high mile vehicle could be so reliable.
    It uses maybe 3/4 qt per 4000 miles-still within acceptable specs.Oil pressure is 21 psi at idle(once warm) and 44-45 psi at 1700 RPMs.
    Best of all it gets 21 mpg on long highway trips-3000 miles 141 gallons. Now I do drive like an old man-set the cc to 68 mph- but the AC is ALWAYS blasting, so 21 mpg is awfully good for such a huge comfortable do anything vehicle.

Yeah, you did ok going to the vortec with the fancier FI.
    Someday, you can drop in a GM crate 383E stroker- just $4800 delivered to your curbside.It is a drop in motor(except for the 1/2 ton trans which needs beefing up) See how easily I spent your $$ !!

We're waiting for those pictures!!