Not sure if I'm allowed, But I'm having a hell of a time posting ? Need help !

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by JTWard, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

I'm having a tough time posting as when I type in a word or sentence it skips a letter or word. And I have to go backwards and retouch the right key many times till the correct combination of letters & fonts to get a complete post or thread.

Ithough it miht be the ey bard andI got a new ne, ut it ddn't make any difference ?

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a sample message

Warning: Declaration of vB_ProfileBlock_Blog::block_is_enabled() should be compatible with that of vB_ProfileBlock::block_is_enabled() in ..../includes/class_profileblock_blog.php on line 436
    View Profile: JTWard - GMTC - Chevy Truck Forum '); } else { document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); } document.write(''); //--> Welcome to the GMTC - Chevy Truck Forum.

2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What internet browser are you using and are you using a wireless keyboard?

3. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

It seems some are experiencing some problems lately. Havent exactly heard your problem brought up yet but there are some errors people have been reporting.. Steve has been PM'd by a few and so far he hasnt responded. Im not sure if any other mods have access to the possible causes of the problems. Hopefull Steve comes out of the woodwork soon to check into it.

4. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

I'm having the same problem. It's not my browser or keyboard. I post on other sites and have no problem.

5. the phantom

Me too.. Im even apart of 2 other Vbulletin based forums and have no issues. Hopefully the GMTC lines will unfreeze from the recent weather and everything will return to normal:lol:

6. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

internet explorer 8 overtop of firefox

- - - Updated - - -

Please bear with me, I'm having a hell of aaa tine typing

7. poncho62

poncho62 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Fat fingers?........kidding

8. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Hey guys, I had not a problem for the longest, then a week ago it all started, I just sat back and listen to others here, after that I installed google chrome and all my probs seem to have gone away, I dont care for google chrome so I only use it for this one site, I have not had a single problem since installing and using it, I do use the wireless comfort keyboard, if your using that, when the batteries get low you will get some strange keyboard activity, just a thought.

9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

There was a security patch that was really necessary as the hole that some hackers found in this software version were pretty big, so it looks like there are some template issues that have been caused.

I might have to convert the site to a more default template for the short-term, just to get all of the features of the site working properly again.

10. the phantom

Its been some time since Ive been able to use my normal "slimbrowser" which is IE based. I have to switch to IE directly for this site only. And even then it constantly says downloading but with errors. Good luck getting things straightened around Steve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.