1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Not sure what this is.

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by BlackSmoke*, Dec 23, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. BlackSmoke*

BlackSmoke* New Member

:neutral: Today when I put on my BowTie I noticed this clip looking thing behind my grill. It looks to be connected together but it doesn't seem to be in the right place. It just looks like it is just resting there. Does anyone know what it is and where it is suppose to be? Any thought would be appreciated. I tried to look but it looks like I will have to remove my grill or remove the plastic cover around my radiator and radiator fan. :no:

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      59.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have the same thing on my truck. I also would like to know what it is
  3. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member 100 Posts

If I'm remembering right, it reads the outdoor air temperature.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That seems about right...
  5. bowaddict13

bowaddict13 New Member

ok made me curious so i did some searching and yes you are right that is the outside air temp sensor , had to look that one up for myself ,,,lol
  6. BlackSmoke*

BlackSmoke* New Member

I would have looked it up for myself but I had no clue on how to look it up because I had no clue what it was or to research. Now that I know what it is does it just sit there or is it suppose to be clipped above or below? To me it just looks odd just sitting there.