1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Not Tech but... I NEED cup holders!!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Kingstud, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Kingstud

Kingstud New Member

my "new" van (94' vandura 2500) has no fricken cup holders! I shopped online and kragen etc. but I dont see what I need. the van has no hump or middle seat to set one of those little plastic cheap things. Anything on the floor is too low. And I don't want to by a big A$$ center console. I considered trying to fit the console from an 03-10 express but don't think it will work well where it fits the upper dash.
    May just make one out of MDF unless someone can suggest OEM component to find on ebay or Pick n Pull.
  2. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had same problem in my 1976 Chevy Impala.

Solution for only a couple of bucks...

05561.jpg
    Just hangs from your window sill. Old School...
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I used to drive a Ford E350 Van for work and they actually had a good setup where under the stereo the plastic flared out just enough for cup holders, cell phone charger, maps, etc. Sort of a mini center console.

Snap a photo if you can, what does it look like for you, just bare bones?
  4. Kingstud

Kingstud New Member

heres a pic I just happen to have, dont know if it shows clearly. there are 2 square dimples about 2"x2"x 1/2". Might be easuer to find a short square travel mug :p

Johnson considered that but once the coffe is done I switch to copenhagen. Dont really want my spitoon swingin on the door when I shut it...
    7-27-10 057.jpg
  5. Kingstud

Kingstud New Member

So I made my own. I had some textured sheet ABS plastic leftover from installing guages in my old subaru legacy. Cut to fit, heat gun to bend radius, 4" hole saw to cut cup holder, cut and glued a 2" abs for a pen holder. Just picked up some 4" abs pipe from the junk pile at work and will glue in later.

So this thing just sits on top of the old "cup holders", I'll prolly glue it down w/ a litle black silicon. 8-16 001.jpg
  6. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow... Looks good.

Almost like it was meant to be there.

Great Job...