*note* Are spark plug wires supposed to hold their shape when you remove them?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by murdog94, Jan 9, 2012.

1. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

So as of late the weather here in MN has been beyond warm. I have been having a miss in my daily driver, a 2002 For taurus (lame and unexciting but well its reliable and good on gas) so i decided after doing some troubleshooting that a mild tune up was in order since the problem was to intermittent to diagnose. I pulled the plugs, and they were worn, but ok. Except the rear bank were basically brand new (seems someone thought they were a mechanic) so i popped in brand new plugs and bought new wires. Easy enough job, but all 6 of the wires were so hard and formed they stayed in the exact same shape that they were in on the motor. I laughed. dont people realize that after 150K miles the plus wires should be changed (should be less but you get the point) turns out the wires were 2002 OEM with 190K miles. so yep it isnt so bad that i took the time to change them..

Kinda my rant for the day and tip of the day. change tune up parts at recommended intervals. LOL.

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Your supposed to do maint. on a car?

3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i thought cars just maintained themselves :lol:

4. murdog94

apparently that is what the previous owner thought... oh well that will teach me. HAHA

5. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

You mean the automotive maintenance fairy did not do his/her job? I would definitely file a complaint with that union. Dang Fairies:grrrrrr:

6. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

You don't REALLY have a prblem until your underwear does that.

7. murdog94

I thought so LOL

8. Coach24

Boxer or briefs?

9. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

If you're still wearing the same pair of underwear after 190,000 miles, you deserve a medal.....and maybe a new pair of grundies.

10. Coach24

Always good to have clothes that stand on their own:neutral: