1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

nothing working on passenger door

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by jes1766, Dec 30, 2011.

1. jes1766

jes1766 New Member

My wife took my 2004 suburban one morning. She went to put down passenger window, it was frooze. She seen a puff of smoke, now nothing works on that door. The power window. power locks, heated electric mirror. I went to the dealer and purchased a new module for the door. I took old one apart and looks like it is burnt up. Plugged new one in and nothing happened. Is there a fuse or something that I need to reset for the door?
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

there might be a fuse but then the other doors wouldnt work either which means some where theres an electrical short in the wiring to the door
  3. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Yeah, the fuse usually protects all the doors, not each individually. If only one door is out, I'd start looking at the wiring around that specific door.
  4. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

So I just went and looked at my fuses, and I see one for driver lock and unlock, and one for unlock and lock. That tells me that you may have separate fuses for each side. Doesn't mean you do since I have a pickup and you have a burban, but they are similar enough you would think they would use the same fuse diagram. I would check out the fuses in the cab before dumping more money into it and see if those are your problem.