GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Notifications for GMTC via email - How to change options?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by BurbanMan, Aug 2, 2013.

1. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Okay, maybe I'm losing my mind, but how do i set it up so that the notification bar will quit telling me when someone post in a thread i posted/posted in?:fighting0088::sign0144::eek:h:
  2. stchman

stchman New Member

Go to your Notifications and unsubscribe to all the threads. IIRC, whenever you reply to a thread, GMTC subscribes you to it.

You can also go to Settings--->General Settings and under Messaging and Notification there is a drop down menu called Default Thread Subscription Mode:, you can select Do not subscribe and this should be what you are looking for.
  3. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Thank you for the help
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

There has been an issue discovered with the notification email server. So, you may have had the notifications set properly and still not received the email or the email may have been dumped into your spam folder. Steve is working very hard at this time to clean up the mess.
  5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

That's good. I have it set so it sends me emails instead of notifications. Well see what happens
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

I think one of the other accounts on the web server had an issue so it was causing a massive delay in sending out the notification emails.

That being said, notifications can be set for all activity on the forums, or just some threads that you subscribe to on a thread by thread basis. Moreover, you can have it set to go Instantly, Daily or Weekly through email, or just get notified when you log into the site.

image.jpg

... but at least they are working. :)
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  7. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator

I think there might be an issue with the email server. I have unsubscribed from all threads but I still get one or two emails a day alerting me a new post has been made in various threads.