1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Novel way to bleed brakes

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by unplugged, Dec 5, 2009.

1. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've been accused of looking for any excuse to buy a new tool. I saw the MaxPro professional brake bleeder tool on an episode of GearZ. It bleeds the brakes in a direction opposite of the normal method. The fluid is pushed from the wheel to the master cylinder. Any opinions pro or con? Like I said, any excuse will do, but I could use a fresh one to run by the wife. :glasses: $370 for the Pro version and $80 for the DIY version.

Get it from: brakebleeder.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y195Pti7aFo
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I saw that episode too.
    I couldnt think of any reason this would be bad. I've got a mighty mite evac tool I've been using for a few years so I cant justify buying a new one just yet.
  3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I never tell the wife that I already have a tool that will do almost the same thing. I mean a crescent wrench is ok, but a nice set of open/box wrenches is so much better.

I guess I'll wait for her to ask me to do the brakes on a girl friends car.....then hold the job ransom because to do the job right......... Devious, but the right tool for the job makes it go so much easier.:glasses:
  4. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

The only thing I can think of, without seeing it hands on, would be more mess at the master cylinder. I don't know how much pressure it would produce, but it's easier to clean up around the back of the wheel than in the engine bay.
    My wife watches GearZ with me, so I have to wait before I can bring up a tool idea.

Good luck,
  5. 02z71

02z71 Member

Think I saw that one too. $70 - 80 for a pressure bleeder seems like abetter idea. Pushing fluid toward master sounds messy and you'd be pushing dirty fluid into the master instead of clean fluid out to calipers. Sounds wrong to me.
  6. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If it's got tbplus's and unplugged's seal of approval, it's good enough for me!
  7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The wife rarely says a word about buying tools, she usually encourages me to buy tools I need. I'm kinda cheap and dont spend unless it's a real good deal.
    Although today I did buy a new Ryobi Radial Arm Miter Saw, Kobalt drill bit set, and Ryobi Power Nailer at Home Depot today, but they were all on sale and with tax ended up less than $250.
    Now I dont have any more excuses for not installing wood flooring upstairs.
  8. ministock8

ministock8 New Member