1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Now i am screwed

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by DAREDEVIL, Jan 4, 2010.

1. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member 1000 Posts

Here i go, remember about my problem with truck not starting ?????,,,,,well, today i found out that there is a short somewhere in the wiring harnes because now the fuel pump don't work and the NEW ecm don't conect to the scanner anymore either.

Its going to be time to bring to GM ?!

Any other thoughts ??????????????

I already know this is going to be costy........:frown:
  2. azdrtdog

azdrtdog New Member

the fuel pump is commanded on by the computer so thats not so bad.if the scanner and pcm are not comunicating the could be a ground issue. But im not familiar with your project and not sure what you have done to this point
  3. DAREDEVIL

I have done nothing,,,,ALL STOCK .
  4. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts

On our old 94 3500 we had a similar sounding problem, turned out that the trailer place that hooked up the hitch/brakes/lights did a shotty job connecting wires (they used one of those alligator clamps) somewhere it ate through the wires, we were driving down the highway pulling 4 horses and she just quit running.... sorry I can't give you more exact details but it was around 10 years ago.

Hope I could be of some help.
  5. azdrtdog

azdrtdog New Member

Did it stop running one day and you have been workinh on it ? I saw a post that you were getting pcm flashed or something whats the history here? I can tell you that a few people have had issues with the two grounds at t.stat housing and pass. side back of block are the main grounds
  6. DAREDEVIL

I parked and idled for about 5 min, then it died.
    Never ran since, so i changed all the ignition stuff, the relays and the ECM , i did add a ground on the T-housing and i did add some fog lights, but they are wired correct.

The fuel pump still ran , now it will not .

The ECM is not comunicating with anything, my old one is not either.

THATS WHERE I AM . I will take it to a gm dealer on thursday or friday.

Don't have no other way,,need it to make money.:neutral:
  7. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

Oil pressure switch is in the fuel pump circuit as a safety feature. Did you check the OPS and connector?
  8. DAREDEVIL

where is it ???? I changed the crank sensor, where is the ops ?
  9. azdrtdog

azdrtdog New Member

its on the back of motor behind dist. But if the scanners not communicating with pcm thats a problem my books are at my dads shop right now but i will get over and look at the trouble shooting on this problem
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  10. DAREDEVIL

I think u need to grab those books and fly down here !!!!!!!:great: