1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Now my truck wont start??? 1994 Chevy 1500

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by bswalters, Apr 7, 2014.

1. bswalters

bswalters New Member

I have a 94 Chevy 1500 4.3 Vortec... I changed my battery today and now my truck wont start. I did a load test and tested my alternator and starter and they all passed. After putting in my new battery my truck wouldn't start. I have power to my truck but the starter doesn't make a sound or a click when I try to start my truck. Even when I put my old battery in it does the same thing. Does this sound like my starter went out?
  2. zuki82

zuki82 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

What made you think it needed a new battery in the first place? Did you do a top off charge on the new battery before you put it in?
    Unless you can take it out and get it someplace to have it tested, I gotta say "yup!"
  3. bswalters

bswalters New Member

I work at a battery store and tested the new one before and after I installed it. I also tested the old one and it barley passed but the cca were lower then my truck calls for.

- - - Updated - - -

My gauges, radio and lights work fine. We did a compression start yesterday and the truck ran fine. Just now sure if it is the starter or a solenoid
  4. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

5. zuki82

zuki82 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Well, I have seen where a dragging starter has killed a battery, when the starter finally died, it took the battery too!
    The solenoid will come on the starter, should, most likely, ought a!

- - - Updated - - -

if you work at a battery store, did you check the alternator, just for kicks?
  6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You may have tripped the security system. I remember a couple of threads where the security system shut down after a battery change. I don't recall the fix. Try a search, see if anything pops up.