1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

'Nox foglights

Discussion in 'Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)' started by jay2dc, Jul 20, 2010.

1. jay2dc

jay2dc New Member

Alright ive been thinking about the fog lights that come on my 05 LT version of the Equinox (and i think several other year models too) and was wondering if anyone has changed/upgraded from the oem stock foglight bulbs and/or if its worth it. i might want to go a bit brighter and get off the stocks.

most the places ive looked it always seem like GM/Chevy want you to buy the whole foglight assembly (not just the bulb) i was wondering why this is, and if theres any reason why someone couldnt just replace the bulb? (which i think is a H11?)

anyone ever switch out the bulbs of the foglights of their equinox and can shed some light?
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

I just did my 08 Avalanche Z71 which has a retangler lens. I was told by many that when doing HIDs to use a 25 watt ballest. If you had the round plastic lens. On the Z71 the lens was bigger so I went with a 35 watt. After 5 months now no melting...And a Ton of more light....
  3. jay2dc

jay2dc New Member

Thats good to hear about no melting. And i was wondering about wattage for the ballast if i eventually go HID. I just gotta wait awhile when i go enough to splurge on an kit for it. may just go with some upgraded halogen bulbs till then.

nice avalanche btw. great looking trucks.