NuFinish once a year polish?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Silverado1500, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Silverado1500

Silverado1500 New Member 100 Posts

i decided to buy a can of paste of this Nufinish once a year polish they call it. but im wondering if i should wax it after? or is this the kinda that doesnt need to be waxed after because it already puts a protective coating?

if anyone's used this before, howd it go? what were your opinions about it?
  2. BadBurban98

BadBurban98 New Member

i don't like the quality of that wax it will loose its protection after about 6 months and a handful of washes, if your looking for a good wax the 3m waxes will give the best shine and protection
  3. Silverado1500

would i need to wax after i use the NuFinish?
  4. pmartin816

pmartin816 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I personally like the nufinish. I generally use it twice a year, but I dont have a lot of experience with other waxes besides turtle wax so I cant compare it to 3m or any other brands.
  5. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher New Member 100 Posts

No you would not need to wax it after using nufinish.
    Overall It is not a very good product and there are much better waxes available that go on easier, come off easier and last longer and look better. I have used it long ago when it first came out. If you go to any of the autodetailing forums the consensus is it is a poorly performing and poorly regarded product.
    If you want lasting protection I would recommend Klasse All in One and Klasse Sealant Glaze. These two combined give the best protection and shine and last longer than Nufinish. And that would be 4-6 months depending on your environment. And they don't stink like nufinish.
    Another very good long lasting wax is Finish Kare 1000P which does a great job protecting your paint, lasts very long and goes on/off easy. Collinite 845 is another great easy on/off long lasting wax that creates a great shine and many autogeeks love and use.
    If you are looking for cheap inexpensive decent over the counter wax that you can get at Wally world or auto parts stores that gives 2-3 months protection try Meguir's . They make ok products.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  6. rt4x4

rt4x4 New Member

Finish Care and collnite are good products also duragloss products are very good.
  7. Silverado1500

i tried it today and i do not like it at all. im going to try and get my money back
  8. Silverado1500

what is the best polish that would remove scratches?
  9. BadBurban98

BadBurban98 New Member

how deep are the scratches?
  10. Silverado1500

they are like little swirl marks(scratches) everywhere, i bought it like this