NuFinish once a year polish?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Silverado1500, Mar 24, 2010.

1. BadBurban98

BadBurban98 Rockstar

i used the meguir's ultimate compound liquid it restored the color and took out those spider web looking scratches, then used the NXT generation wax by them and it came out awesome, i used the mothers power paintball it works great and it only took maybe an hr or 2 to do

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  2. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Turtle wax ice synthetic spray wax works good for keeping that shine.Just go around and spray and wipe. After a good hand waxing.
    And you can use it on the windows like rain-x,plus it dont turn you trim white. Several uses per bottle.

3. BadBurban98

BadBurban98 Rockstar

i use lucas spray speed wax and it works better than the turtle wax ice spray and the lucas smells like pepermint:mdr:

i posted pictures on gmtruckclub.coms facebook photos of the wax finishes of meguirs and 3m finsih

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  4. formulaforspeed

formulaforspeed New Member

I use Zaino on the Formula and the Silverado. have 18 coats of polish on the Formula, its so shiny you can use as a mirror.

check them out at www.zainobros.com

5. BadBurban98

BadBurban98 Rockstar

gotta pic?

6. formulaforspeed

formulaforspeed New Member

i have few, have to find a place to host them - so i can post

7. BadBurban98

BadBurban98 Rockstar

you can attach them in your post just gotta resize them if they're too large

8. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've had very good luck with "3M Fill & Glaze" on light "swirls". It is a very light compound, but sure leaves a great finish. Good luck!

9. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I'd recommend you clay the paint, then polish, then wax.
    Also got to autogeek and ask these questions there on their forums. Also read product reviews at detailing websites like autogeek and others. They have product reviews from detailers and you will narrow down which product you want to try.
    I can't recommend a good polish for swirl marks as I don't allow my paint to get them. But the folks at autogeek will get you a good polish to lift those swirl marks as best as can be attained. Make sure you get one that does what you want. ie a QUALITY Polish.
    Good Luck.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010