1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

NV263HD transfer case

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by kickercompkid_99, Sep 17, 2007.

1. kickercompkid_99

kickercompkid_99 New Member

NP263HD transfer case

Hi all, just looking to see if anyone has any information on how to take this g.d. :grrrrrr:transfer case apart. I got the case to open but I can't get it to split in half, I really don't want to break something getting it apart although it is already broken, but I want to rebuild this thing myself because I am not only cheap but poor as well, so if anyone has information or can scan me a couple of pages from the 2001 silverado 2500HD factory service manual, I would love them forever!! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2007
  2. Toymyster

Toymyster Rockstar 100 Posts

According to my diagrams, there should be areas on the left and right side of the case where you can insert screw drivers or pry bars and pry the two halves of the case apart. It does say you have to pry on both sides with equal pressure at the same time!!
    Hope this helps.

3. kickercompkid_99

kickercompkid_99 New Member

So it does say to "pry" ok, I just thought that maybe there was a snap ring or something in there that needed to be removed before you could get it in half, and I really didn't want to pry it apart and break something.