Wanted to Buy Nvg149 transfer case

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by B1G_AL, Apr 19, 2014.

1. B1G_AL

B1G_AL New Member

Hi everyone...my 01 Yukon Denali's t case recently started clunking so I'm looking for a used replacement. Does anyone have a nvg149 t case for sale? Or maybe knows a good place to buy one cheap? My truck has 245k miles so I'm not looking to spend $1000 on the t case...

The nvg149 t case would be found in an 01-02 Yukon Denali, 02 Escalade, or Silverado SS (I think)

Thanks! Al

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You've got to pull it to change it, why not pull it and rebuild it. Then you know what you have.

3. B1G_AL

B1G_AL New Member

Ive heard it's a bitch of a job to rebuild and I really don't have the time. I suppose I'll have to if I can't find a used t case soon...

How difficult is a rebuild? Fortunately there's directions online for everything but id be afraid of more parts in the t case needing replacing than a rebuild kit comes with.

4. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I guess the point I'm trying to make, is that a "cheap" (your words) t-case is probably worn out as well.

Compare the time to change the t-case twice (if the new one is worn out) to the time for a rebuild and your farther ahead. Just my 2 cents

5. B1G_AL

B1G_AL New Member

I see where your coming from. T cases are at least from my experience nearly indestructible...at least this model as I've had a few of these trucks. My only guess is that it failed simply because it has 245k miles...a lot of parts are failing now. Like I said I will probably have to rebuild it since I'm having trouble finding a replacement