1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

O2 Sensor - Bank 1 - Where is it?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by F E Knucklebuster, Feb 9, 2010.

1. F E Knucklebuster

F E Knucklebuster New Member

I'm pulling a P0135 code - bad O2 sensor on bank 1 sensor 1.

Where is the bank 1 O2 sensor located on a gas 2004 6.0 2500HD?

Common sense tells me to look at it this way - am I right?

Bank 1 Sensor 1 - Driver's side before convertor (front)
    Bank 1 Sensor 2 - Driver's side after convertor (rear)

Bank 2 Sensor 1 - Passenger's side before convertor (front)
    Bank 2 Sensor 2 - Passenger's side after convertor (rear)
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  2. MrShorty

MrShorty Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I think that's right. Bank 1, by convention is the bank with the #1 cylinder. I haven't looked at it in a year or so, but doesn't GM start numbering cylinders from the driver's front? Quickest answer would be to pull out a manual and look it up (my manual's at home, so I can't look until then).
  3. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

the banks go buy your front cylinder, so cylinder one is bank one,
    sensor one is pre cat and #2 is strictly there to monitor the cat
  4. Z_10002003

Z_10002003 New Member

It's just below the driver side manifold in the crossover pipe. super easy! That sensor will cause havoc when it goes bad, I had one fatten up the short term fuel trim so bad, that it blew black smoke out the tail pipe like a cummins.
  5. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member

O2 bank 1 sensor 1 is the driver's side, front O2 sensor, the one before the CAT...
  6. F E Knucklebuster

F E Knucklebuster New Member

Thanks. Might have been a false alarm. I reset the Check Engine Light and haven't thrown any codes yet. If I need to change any sensors I know where they are now.