o2 sensor bypass

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by L0sts0ul, Jul 30, 2009.

1. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey guys,

first off 2000, GMC Yukon XL K2500 4x4 6.0L

I Wanted to know if anyone knows of whre I can get someone to reprogram my pcm to ignore my rear o2 sensors so I could remove my cats. I know is most places emissions are a problem, but where I live we have no emissions regulations.

Thanks

2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

This is a good question for Jenna Bear. I know it's illegal to do this but I'm wondering if it can be done.

3. L0sts0ul

it may be illegal where you are... but here it isn't... we don't have emissions testing, and there is no law saying we can't do it.. at all... just noise violations.

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Diablo Preditor # U7198 will let you turn off the codes for the rear O2s. They dont advertise this on there website but every gas GM truck 2000 and later that Ive installed diablos in have this. It just keeps the codes from lighting up on the dash. You have to keep the rear O2s plugged in per Diablos recommendation. Diablo has a gas truck forum that answers alot of ???s people have on tuning.

5. L0sts0ul

thanks for the advice, I was hoping though I could get away with something that wouldn't require me to buy a programmer per say. If I was to buy something it would probably not be a handheld but a LAPTOP hookup.